Medina County Auditor
- First assumed the office of Medina County Auditor on January 15, 1993.
- Re-elected to his seventh term in 2014.
- Served as president of the Northeast Ohio Auditors’ Association twice.
- Served as president of the statewide County Auditors’ Association of Ohio (CAAO).
- Served as a Wadsworth City Councilman from 1990-91.
- An active U.W. Naval Officer from 1984-1989.
- Served three decorated tours of duty in the Persian Gulf aboard destroyers and minesweepers.
- Navy Reserve Officer from 1989-1993.
- Recalled to the Naval Reserve following the terrorist attack of 9/11/2001.
- Mobilized four times between 2003 and 2008, including two overseas ground tours in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Was awarded numerous decorations including the Defense Meritorious Service Medal.
- Lifetime member of Wadsworth VFW Post #1089.
- Received Master’s Degree in Public Administration magna cum laude from the University of Akron in 1992. Named a Presidential Scholar by President George H.W. Bush.
- Graduated from Bowling Green State University in 1982 and 1983 with degrees in business administration, biology and secondary education.
- Wadsworth High School alumnus.
- Kovack and his staff have received numerous local, state and national awards.
- Recognized for “Excellence in Accounting” by the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) each year he has been in office.
- In 1998, he was the first Medina County Auditor to receive the “Outstanding Auditor Award” from the County Auditors’ Association of Ohio.
- Presently serves on the Medina City Schools Foundation.
- Serves on the Family-A-Fair Committee.
- Serves on the Community Design Committee.
- He and his office founded the Medina County Pet Adopt-A-Thon, which has found homes for nearly 1,000 abandoned pets over its 17-year history.
- Three children, Michael, Madison and Lauren.
- Two grandchildren.
- Resides in the City of Medina.
For more information, check out Duties and Responsibilities.
Para obtener más información, consulte Servicios y Responsibilidades.