Any entity opening
a retail business must apply for a vendor's license for the sole purpose of
charging sales tax.
A corporation or
an LLC must have an Ohio Charter Number, Federal ID Number, names, addresses and
Social Security Numbers of its officers. An officer must sign the
have a Federal ID Number, Social Security numbers, addresses, and the signatures
of ALL partners.
businesses must have:
- A street address located in Medina County
(a PO Box may only be
used as a mailing address).
- Business starting date.
- A clear description of the business.
- An estimate of monthly sales tax (under or over $200).
- A signature at the bottom of the application.
- A copy of a current liquor license or firearms license, if applicable.
- A check for $25.00, made payable to the Medina County Treasurer.
To obtain a Federal ID
Number, call (800) 829-4933.
If any of the
following items apply to your business, please indicate this on your
- Commercial Scales
- Gas Pumps
- UPC Scanners
A trade name
or DBA is not needed when the business is under sole ownership. If you
are going to use one, it is a good idea to register it with the Secretary of
State at (614) 466-2655.
If you have any
questions regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact
our office at Medina: (330) 725-9138,
Toll Free: (844) 722-3800,